To all Federal Work Study (FWS) supervisors:
This communication serves as guidance to supervisors of FWS student workers who remain enrolled spring semester. With the modifications to University operations due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important to ensure our students understand that they will be compensated under the FWS program based on their previously scheduled work hours.
Students can continue to work if they have chosen to remain in the local area and there is appropriate work available or you have appropriate remote work for them. If they have chosen to return home or there is not appropriate work available, their supervisor should submit timesheets for them based on their previously established work schedule and they will be paid for that time. Students who are able to work and choose to do so, will have time sheets submitted based on their actual time worked.
We have included the email below that will be sent to your students.
If you have any questions, contact:
- Amy Berrier, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, email@example.com
- Yejide Hicks, Student Employment Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email that will be sent to students is below
To all Federal Work Study (FWS) Students:
This communication serves as guidance to FWS student workerswho remain enrolled spring semester. With the modification to university operations due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important for you to know that you will receive your FWS paycheck even if you are not able to work. No students will be compelled to work during this time.
- If you have decided to return home and complete your classes on-line your FWS supervisor will submit a timesheet on your behalf based on your previously scheduled hours of work.
- If you are remaining in the local area and there is appropriate work available or you are able to work remotely, your supervisor will submit your timesheet based on your actual hours worked.
- If you are remaining in the local area and there is not appropriate work available or you are uncomfortable coming to campus, your supervisor will submit your timesheet based on your previously scheduled hours of work.
If you have additional questions, please contact your FWS Supervisor.