“Our health and safety upon return is dependent on a community effort made up of thousands of individual actions and decisions.”Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam, Jr.
Coming back to campus will feel different. But there are clear, tangible actions each of us can take to help make campus safer during this process. Our faculty and staff have put together detailed guidance in conjunction with colleagues from across the UNC System and in alignment with CDC and ACHA recommendations. It is vitally important that you review these materials before coming back to campus. This includes:
Our “Shield Our Spartans” Return to Work Guidebook which provides detailed direction to address many of the critical changes that we must embrace together as we come back. Key points include:
- Requirements regarding wearing face coverings.
- Importance of regular, proper hand washing.
- Recommendations around social distancing and related workplace modifications.
- Processes to ensure people do not return to work if sick and can effectively report symptoms.
- Emphasis on our commitments to each other to be accountable, diligent, and help keep our community members safe.
Additionally, managers in each department are working on specific plans for a measured, phased return to work – we do not want everyone coming back at once. In line with Human Resources policies, managers have maximum flexibility to continue teleworking for some employees, operate with flexible hours to manage office traffic and capacity, and make workplace adjustments as needed to help create a safe, healthy environment.